[yocto] writeup on the mechanics of FILESEXTRAPATHS and bbappend files

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Wed Apr 17 08:21:55 PDT 2013

Just a note here regarding which Yocto Project manuals to look at for the most current information.  Use the 1.4 manuals.  So for the FILESEXTRAPATHS variable description you should look at http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-FILESEXTRAPATHS entry.  The description in this more recent manual may be lacking as well.  I will try and work on that going forward.

Also, the "poky-ref-manual" part of the name has been changed to a symlink for releases 1.3 forward.  This manual path for 1.3 on should direct the user to the manual whose location includes "ref-manual".

Scott