[yocto] poky lsb support

Aws Ismail aws.ismail at windriver.com
Mon Apr 15 21:57:59 PDT 2013

On 13-04-15 10:21 PM, gmail wrote:
> HI every body:
>
> I  have a package(opensaf)  which needs support of  lsb init script .So I  use this "DISTRO ?= "poky-lab" in conf/local.conf
> And i set IMAGE_INSTALL in my image  recipe as follows:
> IMAGE_INSTALL = "\
>      ${CORE_IMAGE_BASE_INSTALL} \
>      packagegroup-core-boot \
>      bash\
>      bc \
>      binutils binutils-symlinks \
>      coreutils \
>      cpio \
>      cronie \
>      diffutils \
>      ed \
>      elfutils \
>      file \
>      findutils \
>      gawk \
>      grep \
>      m4 \
>      ncurses \
>      libpam \
>      procps \
>      psmisc \
>      sed \
>      shadow \
>      tar \
>      util-linux \
>      zlib \
>      lsb \
>      lsbsetup \
>      \
>      dhcp-client \
>      lsof \
>      pciutils \
>      setserial \
>      strace \
>      sysstat \
>      usbutils \
>      which \
>      kernel-module-tipc \
>      libxml2 \
>      python-shell \
>      python-xml \
>      python-subprocess \
>      eglibc-utils \
>      tipcutils \
>      opensaf\
>      "
>
> I didn't use  packagegroup-core-lsb because the flash of my device is very limited.
>
> When I use the startup script of "opensaf" I always get
> "/etc/core-lsb/lsb_start_daemon: line 44 : daemon: command not found
> /etc/core-lsb/lsb_log_message: line 16: failure: command not found"
>
> where can I find these commands : "daemon,failure", or which package I need to include to have these?
>
> PS: my poky branch is danny.
>
> Anybody can help ? thanks very much.
Hi,

These lsb* scripts are added by the lsbinitscripts bb recipe found in:

meta/recipes-extended/lsb/

In order to have them installed, you can install them directly (i.e. add
lsbinitscripts to your conf/local.conf)

lsbinitscripts is pulled in by the core-lsb-misc package group defined in:

meta/recipes-extended/packagegroups/packagegroup-core-lsb.bb

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers.

Aws\