[yocto] Config fragment not being picked up

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Apr 15 07:58:40 PDT 2013

On 13-04-15 10:53 AM, Saridakis, Dean (US SSA) wrote:
>> is

>>> Good eye, but afraid that didn't help (maybe the path was empty
>> before???). I think the files are getting picked up, since fetch will fail if
>> change the file name to force a not found error.
>>>

>> What release are you using ? I tested this just last night before the
>> 1.4 release final RC .. so it definitely still works!
>>
>> How are you determining that it isn't being picked up?
>
> I believe the SDK is based on Yocto 1.2 / Poky 7.0 -- bitbake is 1.15.2.
> kernel.bbclass kernel_do_configure() looks like it only does a make oldconfig on defconfig...?
> Should I expect to see the .cfg files being eppended there?
>
> The .config I end up with doesn't have the definitions from my .cfg fragment files.

Fragments are processed later in the build procedure. Assuming
this is a linux-yocto based bbappend, they'll be added in the
kernel_configme
task, and will modify the base BSP configuration.

That doesn't mean that all the settings will make it to the final
.config, since normal LKC processing and missing dependencies would
drop invalid/incorrect settings.

Cheers,

Bruce