[yocto] Problem while running "bitbake core-image-minimal"

Rakesh Garg rakesh.garg at aricent.com
Wed Apr 10 06:12:05 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I am new to Yocto and is trying to do some hands-on.

I downloaded the Yocto project on my Fedore-18 host by using the following command:
git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git

and then ran the following commands:

1.       source oe-init-build-env

2.       configured local.conf with MACHINE=routerstationpro and rest as default.

3.       bitbake core-image-minimal

The last command runs for some time and then hangs for forever. (I've ran it for overnight also just incase it downloads too much since am running it for the first time). The screen logs says that it is running do_fetch for gcc-cross-initial-4.7.2-r19

I also tried stopping and then re-running the command but no help. It again stucks at the same point.

Following is the terminal output:
Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION = "1.17.1"
BUILD_SYS = "i686-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING = "Fedora-18"
TARGET_SYS = "mips-poky-linux"
MACHINE = "routerstationpro"
DISTRO = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION = "1.3+snapshot-20130410"
TUNE_FEATURES = "o32 bigendian fpu-hard mips32"
TARGET_FPU = ""
meta
meta-yocto
meta-yocto-bsp = "master:cbdbc54e5743944fd24f497b46b3c54ad966d8eb"

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
Currently 1 running tasks (158 of 1568):
0: gcc-cross-initial-4.7.2-r19 do_fetch (pid 5583)

Please suggest what could be the possible reason for this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakesh

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.