[yocto] Problem with mouse and keyboard detection in yocto (core-image-sato on emenlow)

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Apr 9 03:06:44 PDT 2013

Hi Andreas,

On 8 April 2013 18:44, Andreas Enbacka <aenbacka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to rebuild the xf86-input-evdev; however the core-image-sato still insists on using the default mouse / keyboard drivers instead of evdev. Also no /dev/input/event* entries exist (only /dev/input/mice and /dev/input/mouse0).

So in that case evdev won't help anyway.  I wonder why that is.  I
guess you'll need to try evtest and look at dmesg.

> Concerning removing xf86-input-mouse / xf86-input-keyboard from the image, what is the easiest way to achieve this using yocto? I have created a custom bitbake recipe already, inheriting from core-image-sato, which adds a few packages. Can removal of packages be easily specified in the custom recipe as well?

They're pulled in through the machine configuration, eventually
reaching XSERVER_IA32_BASE.  The packages are tiny and the choice of
what ones to use can be made by xorg.conf anyway.

Ross