[yocto] Problem with mouse and keyboard detection in yocto (core-image-sato on emenlow)

Andreas Enbacka aenbacka at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 10:44:07 PDT 2013

I tried to rebuild the xf86-input-evdev; however the core-image-sato still insists on using the default mouse / keyboard drivers instead of evdev. Also no /dev/input/event* entries exist (only /dev/input/mice and /dev/input/mouse0).

Concerning removing xf86-input-mouse / xf86-input-keyboard from the image, what is the easiest way to achieve this using yocto? I have created a custom bitbake recipe already, inheriting from core-image-sato, which adds a few packages. Can removal of packages be easily specified in the custom recipe as well?

//Andreas