[yocto] how to convert source rpm spec to bitbake recipe?

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 3 03:47:29 PDT 2013

2013/4/3 Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Sunday 31 March 2013 08:45:23 Michael Fainstein wrote:
>> Is there a tool or guide for conversion of source rpm spec file to bitbake
>> recipe?
>
> There is scripts/create-recipe - this is aimed at just downloading source and
> using a spec file contained within as a basis for a new recipe (among other
> methods it uses to determine recipe contents), however it could be adapted to
> read a specified spec file I would think.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Hi Paul,
good to know.

Does this script also helps with packaging?

For KDE there are tons of sub-packages within one recipe, adding them
per hand is the major time factor in this case.
Currently I use a decrepit script [1] to do this, but maybe I can use
this one if it meets my expectations.

[1] kde-spec2bb.sh beware, contains excessive sed usage:
http://pastebin.com/3g5xDKJ5

--
Regards
Samuel