[yocto] Replacing xorg.conf in my custom layer.

Daniel Toussaint daniel at dmhome.net
Sun Sep 30 08:45:05 PDT 2012

I have my own custom layer on top of Yocto. My layer provides a custom
machine , custom image and a couple of applications that go into it.
My problem : Nomatter what I do, I can't get my own custom xorg.conf
into the image - everytime I rebuild, I end up with the one from the
Yocto recipe.

I have created a new recipe in my layer :

recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xf86-config_0.1.bbappend :

THISDIR := "${@os.path.dirname(bb.data.getVar('FILE', d, True))}"
FILESPATH =. "${@base_set_filespath(["${THISDIR}/${PN}"], d)}:"

Then in that recipe's  directory a new directory called
"xserver-xf86", and in turn a subdirectory named after my machine
name. That directory contains my xorg.conf

I have copied the above information from other Yocto recipies that
seem to work.....hopefully someone can point out my mistake or
something that I am missing.

Thanks a lot.

(Below some extra info that might be helpful in finding the problem)

Image definition:
-----------------------
IMAGE_FEATURES += "apps-console-core x11-base xf86-video-fbdev
apps-x11-core package-management"
IMAGE_INSTALL += "gox task-core-boot task-base-extended  python
qt4-plugin-sqldriver-sqlite qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer
python-threading python-io python-datetime"

LICENSE = "MIT"

inherit core-image

Machine definition :
-----------------------
MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-modules"

IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.gz"

KERNEL_IMAGETYPE ?= "bzImage"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-yocto"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "3.2%"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl  = "mesa-dri"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libx11 ?= "libx11-trim"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/xserver ?= "xserver-xf86-dri-lite"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/xserver-xf86 ?= "xserver-xf86-dri-lite"

XSERVER_IA32_BASE = "xserver-xorg \
           xf86-input-mouse \
           xf86-input-keyboard \
           xf86-input-evdev \
           xf86-input-synaptics \
           mesa-dri \
           "

XSERVER_IA32_EXT = "xserver-xorg-extension-dri \
           xserver-xorg-extension-dri2 \
           xserver-xorg-extension-glx \
           xserver-xorg-extension-extmod \
           xserver-xorg-extension-dbe \
           xserver-xorg-module-libint10 \
           "

XSERVER_IA32_I915 = "xf86-video-intel \
           mesa-dri-driver-i915 \
           "

XSERVER_IA32_I965 = "xf86-video-intel \
           mesa-dri-driver-i965 \
           "
XSERVER_IA32_FBDEV = "xf86-video-fbdev"

XSERVER ?= "${XSERVER_IA32_BASE} \
           ${XSERVER_IA32_EXT} \
           ${XSERVER_IA32_I915} ${XSERVER_IA32_FBDEV} \
           "

Gtalk: daniel.toussaint at gmail.com
Skype: supertoussi
Cell: +886-915-680-291