[yocto] The term Package as used in the YP docs

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Fri Sep 28 11:56:51 PDT 2012

On 09/28/2012 11:44 AM, Rudolf Streif wrote:
> I am not advocating changing the variable names. I know that this is a huge undertaking and prone to many problems. This probably one of the many legacy things people will have to live with and
> understand. In most cases recipe name and version exactly reflect the name and version of the package it is intended to build which to some extend mitigates the issue.
>
> As far as the Terms section in the manuals is concerned, I see that you already changed the describing text for the variables. That's sufficient, I think.

(I answered Scott privately by mistake - here's some feedback on-list)

I'm in favor of mentioning the history somewhere, because the names
do have a 'P' in them, and this is confusing otherwise.

Overall, I think the new wording is worthwhile.
 -- Tim

Tim Bird
Architecture Group Chair, CE Workgroup of the Linux Foundation
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Network Entertainment