[yocto] 1.3_M5.rc2 status.

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 26 05:59:32 PDT 2012

Hi Wolfgang,

On Wednesday 26 September 2012 13:39:00 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> This commit has:
>
> meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf:LAYER_CONF_VERSION ?= "6"
>
> But:
>
> meta/conf/sanity.conf:LAYER_CONF_VERSION ?= "5"
>

> So for me the sanity checker bails out with:
>
> ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential
> misconfiguration. Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk
> disable the checker (see sanity.conf). Following is the list of potential
> problems / advisories:
>
>     Your version of bblayers.conf was generated from an older version of
> bblayers.conf.sample and there have been updates made to this file. Please
> compare the two files and merge any changes before continuing. Matching the
> version numbers will remove this message.
> "meld conf/bblayers.conf
> /home/wd/git/eldk-5.3/meta*/conf/bblayers.conf.sample" is a good way to
> visualise the changes.
>
> ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed
>

> Am I doing anyhting wrong?

No, this is expected, at the moment you need to follow the instructions and
make the appropriate changes to your conf/bblayers.conf. However, there is a
patch out for review that we would like to include for the 1.3 final release
which will take care of this automatically for you.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton