[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Sep 25 15:22:17 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Dave, David Wolfe (Magneti Narelli), BogdanM, PaulE, Cristian, Kevin, Saul, Fahad (Mentor), ScottR, Jessica, Bruce, Nitin, Denys, Beth, MihaiL, ChrisL, Darren, AlexD, Richard, Ross, Song

Minutes:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.3 M4 release readiness - 10 min (Song)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status#Milestone_4
    - Full pass report on the last RC for M4 is out in the mailing list. No blocker issue has been raised.
    - one high remaining: 2164. Main patch has been merged. Opening separate defects to track remaining issues. Will be closed (Bogdan)
    - Saul: udev and x upgrade likely will not make this release. No statistics due to broken package reporting system. Soneone in RO team will work on it. But now the team is focused on bug fixing for the release.  Song: no concerns/questions from the community has been raised  regarding this.
    - Docs/ScottR: working on examples in the doc to update them. Will discuss some issues regarding FRI II example with Darren. No concerns for M4 release.
    - Reviewed all other release criteria and they all pass.
    - Song will send email to CCB and we will release M4 this week.
* Yocto 1.3 status  - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status

    - Bug fixing: on the right trend. WDD # is coming down, total # of above medium bugs is coming down.
    - 83 new bugs opened in the past 2 weeks, 50% by QA (RO, BJ), others by community and our developers
    - Bug verification: about 70 items remaining in 'merged' stage. QA team has a target to get the 'merged' item list down to 50 this week, and down to 10 next week.
    - Master status/Beth: MUT is going on. Failures in x32 that needs to be looked at. OE core has some AB issues, Beth will look at them today. Master is looking pretty green at this point.

* SWAT team rotation: Stefan Stanacar  -> Mihai Liner.
* Opens - 10 min
* Team sharing - 20 min
  - Nitin: trying to change emenlow to use emgd driver instead of pvr driver. Got it to work with latest emgd driver.
  - AlexD: we are focusing on HOB and toolchain bugs.
  - Michael: setup the database access for Song. Worked with Beth and Paul for public mirroring issues. Added user contribution area/url in Yocto git (http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/user-contrib/user_name). Email archive work need to be done. Bugzilla new release (security) update. Generating and signing public chain... Patch work. Working on the Bugzilla statics. (Laurentiu will send Michael the historical data we had before)