[yocto] BB_NO_NETWORK and own-mirrors not working with meta-systemd

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 20 14:41:48 PDT 2012

On Thursday 20 September 2012 16:08:41 Evade Flow wrote:
> To bring this full circle... if you want to build behind a restrictive
> firewall using pre-mirrored sources and BB_NO_NETWORK, be aware that
> recipes which:
>
>   1. Specify a git repo as the source, and,
>
>   2. Specify the revision to be built using a tag name
>

> will cause your build to abort when bitbake tries to run 'git ls-remote'
> to resolve the tag name.  So don't specify SRC_URI like this:
>

>   SRC_URI =
> "git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kmod/kmod.git;protocol=git;tag=v
> ${PV}"
>
> Instead, use:
>
>   SRC_URI =
> "git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kmod/kmod.git;protocol=git;tag=8
> 885ced062131214448fae056ef453f094303805;branch=master"
>

> I added a note about this to the Wiki:
>
>   -
> http://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/How_do_I#Non-networked_Builds_and_Cached_
> Git_Respositories
>
> I'm still new to Yocto, so someone please chime in if any of this
> information is incorrect...

You should not need to be specifying the revision within SRC_URI as you are
doing, however, it is correct that you must specify the revision in SRCREV and
that revision must be the full SHA1 hash and not just a tag or branch name.
The reason for this is that tags are not fixed and could change, therefore if
one is used we must query the server and resolve it to the current SHA1 hash
every time the recipe is parsed.

Cheers,
Paul

--