[yocto] yocto beagleboard.conf -- should it not go away?

William Mills wmills at ti.com
Wed Sep 5 07:20:39 PDT 2012

On 09/04/2012 07:23 PM, Darren Hart wrote:

> On 09/04/2012 01:25 PM, William Mills wrote:
>
>> Darren: Is it true you can't get @ the Intel BSP's w/o also getting the
>> poky distro defs?  That does seem to mixing things a bit.  (I am not
>> claiming meta-ti is clean yet but I want to understand the Intel examples.)
>>

> It isn't something we test as part of the QA that we perform. I mostly
> expect people building meta-intel to be building with meta-yocto
> (although I wouldn't take a hard line on requiring it). That said, I
> removed meta-yocto from a meta-intel/meta-fri2 build and removed
> DISTRO=poky from my local.conf and successfully built and booted a
> core-image-minimal build on an FRI2 this afternoon without any changes.

Thanks!  My confidence is restored.

As long as including meta-yocto does not interfere with other BSPs or
distros etc then there should be no harm in your assumption.

I would be interested to know what Mentor Graphics and Wind River do on
their products.  Do they include meta-yocto? (YP is not all about
comercial OS support but I know these orginatations have done the due
diligence on layer compatibility for a non-poky distro.)