[yocto] ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs, poky commit id 8ce23f569584f195391bc5c68a780e1bf54e4360

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Oct 23 12:53:24 PDT 2012

On 23 October 2012 19:35, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at gmail.com> wrote:
> the following entry works for the /etc/fstab for moving the /tmp file to RAM
> none    /tmp    tmpfs    defaults,noatime,nodiratime    0    0

tmpfs is in virtual memory, so potentially swap.  Have you benchmarked
a build with the build on SSD verses in tmpfs to see what the
improvement is?

An alternative (and less intrusive) is to increase the commit timeout
on the build partition, which means more data is buffered in RAM
before the disk is used.  I haven't benchmarked that either though. :)

Ross