[yocto] openssl-native doesn't play nice with sstate (mirrors)?

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Fri Oct 19 09:32:42 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Jerrod Peach <peachj at lexmark.com> wrote:
> In this case, it seemed openssl wanted to find a config to its original
> build location, but it wasn't allowed to find it in this case, because that
> directory was owned by a different user.  Grepping through the binary and
> openssl's *.so files, I found a ton of references to the original build
> directory.  I was finally able to get around this behavior by setting a
> couple of environment variables to point to the current directory of the
> binary (namely, OPENSSLDIR and OPENSSL_CONF), but is this expected behavior?
> Is there some workaround that gets prevents the user of openssl-native from
> having to set those environment variables?  Or, is this a bug in the way
> openssl-native is built?

I'd suggest adding a create_wrapper call to the recipe to emit a shell
script wrapper which sets those variables, then the standard sstate
sed'ing of the sysroot path will occur to the wrapper, and it will
always work. We do this in a number of other recipes to work around
relocation issues.
--
Christopher Larson