[yocto] why was meta-dlna submodule history stripped out?

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Fri Oct 19 07:34:25 PDT 2012

Looking over meta-dlna in Yocto git I see it's little more than a fork
of meta-guacamayo from guacamayo-project.org -- could someone please
explain to me why the git history was stripped out from this 'combo' layer?

(I am delighted Intel is finding Guacamayo useful, but the obliteration
of the history makes it look as if the credit for this official Yocto
layer goes to Intel; I am sure that was not intentional.)

I am also interested in knowing why the fork was deemed necessary in the
first place, just in case it was for technical reasons that could be
addressed at source.

Tomas