[yocto] Multiple partitions in drive image

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Fri Oct 12 15:18:47 PDT 2012

This is for an ADLGS45 board from Advanced Digital Logic.  It has a Core2 Duo with an Intel GS45 chipset.  I have the kernel and everything booting just find using the hddimg file generated (and found in tmp/deploy/images), however that is wasting a lot of space on that drive, since the image is only 250MB (and the drive is 120GB).

If I can avoid going through the hassle of installing GRUB and copying over the root FS (i.e. wrap it into a single 'dd' command) that would be ideal because eventually this will be turned over to a tech who knows nothing about GRUB or anything else and just (somewhat) follows a manual.

Thanks,
Jonathan