[yocto] IMAGE_INSTALL_append workflow

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:42:43 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> and ran the fetchall again.  this time, no strace source was fetched,
> so it looks like an issue with simple fetching.

Thank you for your testing and observations.

But I'd like to point out that in my tests, all the relevant files
have already been fetched. My DL_DIR already contains everything to do
with bash, trace-cmd, and various others that I have been testing. The
errors I am getting are not fetching-related errors, but are errors
because do_rootfs can't find any packages (since packages relating to
the recently-appended recipes have not been built).

Somewhere in the guts of bitbake a modified IMAGE_INSTALL_append
variable is not being noticed; packages aren't being created (as I've
noticed) and sources aren't being downloaded (as you have just
noticed). But somehow do_rootfs is noticing the change and complaining
it can't find the necessary packages.