[yocto] IMAGE_INSTALL_append workflow

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Nov 27 09:24:06 PST 2012

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Eren Türkay wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 08:40:26AM -0500, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> > Thank you, Eric, for the confirmation.
> >
> > Just to clarify for anyone following along: the problem isn't with
> > bash or trace-cmd themselves. If I perform the same steps but use
> > 'bash' first, then 'trace-cmd', adding 'bash' succeeds but later
> > adding 'trace-cmd' causes 'trace-cmd' to fail in the same way
> > 'bash' did when it was added second.
>
> Since it's confirmed from different people, I think it would be
> better to report it using bugzilla. I guess that it's not an
> intended behaviour/feature of bitbake. Please inform the bug number
> so that anyone who is interested can follow.

  here's a test i made based on nothing but fetching.  using oe-core,
i selected qemuarm, added this line at the bottom of my local.conf:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " sysfsutils strace"

and ran

$ bitbake -c fetchall core-image-minimal

  when that was done, i checked my downloads directory for the results
of fetching (and patching) those two packages:

$ ls strace*
strace-4.7.tar.xz  strace-4.7.tar.xz.done
$ ls sysfs*
sysfs.sh.done                          sysfsutils-2.1.0.tar.gz
sysfsutils-2.0.0-class-dup.patch.done  sysfsutils-2.1.0.tar.gz.done
$

  so that seemed to work fine.  so i started over with a clean build
and did it in two stages.  first, i reduced the line to:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " sysfsutils"

ran the same "fetchall" operation again, and verified that that
content had been fetched:

$ ls sysfs*
sysfs.sh.done                          sysfsutils-2.1.0.tar.gz
sysfsutils-2.0.0-class-dup.patch.done  sysfsutils-2.1.0.tar.gz.done
$

  i then *changed* the line in local.conf to:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " strace sysfsutils"

and ran the fetchall again.  this time, no strace source was fetched,
so it looks like an issue with simple fetching.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca