[yocto] Virtual machine images from yocto developer day

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Fri Nov 16 09:56:56 PST 2012

On 11/15/2012 10:57 AM, William Mills wrote:

>>> Which labs? For the intro labs, the computers were running Linux
>>> natively. I
>>> took some notes on how I set up those machines I can send you
>>> off-list if
>>> you'd like - let me know.
>>>
>>> Things *should* just work if you're using a recent release of Ubuntu,
>>> Fedora, or OpenSUSE and follow the setup instructions in our Quick Start
>>> Guide:
>>>
>>> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html
>>>
>> Just a side note that I should have materials available on the website
>> by the end of this week
>
> I would encourage the presenters to share the setup instructions also so
> that some one can follow the course ware.  Some of the steps in the labs
> assume setup has been done.

I'm all for sharing the info so that this training material can scale as
much as possible. Looking over the notes I took, they were mostly about
how to set up the desktop environment for the lab computers. I do intend
to improve that to include further details about the actual build
environment setup.

I'm taking my last bit of vacation time for the year starting today and
will be back on Nov 26th, so I've added an item to my todo list and will
get back to this eventually.

Scott

--
Scott Garman