[yocto] headless yocto linux on Intel?

jfabernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu May 24 07:45:21 PDT 2012

On 05/24/2012 10:30 AM, Bob Cochran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it still the case that all Atom solutions have built in video
> support? So, if I wanted to use Atom for a headless solution, I would
> have idle video hardware.
>
> If this isn't the case, can you please point me to the best Atom
> solution to run a headless (yocto) Linux embedded system?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

All Intel® Atom™ Processors currently have GFX hardware of some kind.
Any can run Yocto with or without graphic. You control that with the
recipes and how you edit them. To answer your question as to the best,
that depends on if you are needing a certain set of hardware features or
whether you are doing a component design or looking for a board. The
n450 and cedartrail have commercially available boards available in form
factors like mini ITX, etc. E6xx and emenlow have a lot of boards
available from members of the Intel® Intelligent Systems Alliance. Check
out edc.intel.com for a list of members and links to their boards.
http://www.intel.com/design/network/ica/index.htm#iid=1613

Jim A