[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue May 22 12:29:08 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Saul, Jessica, Paul, Belen, Jim, Alex, Mark, Tom, ScottG, Richard, ScottR, Denys, Darren, Michael, Laurentiu, Beth, Josh, Chris, Noor, Jefro, Cristian, Song

Alex: Dev manager for the team in Romania, happy to be involved. All team members should be able to join next Tuesday. Alex can be the contact person.

Agenda
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* 1.2.1 update - 10 min (ScottG)
  - 27 bugs fixed, 20 bugs remaining, target for RC1, June 18th,
  - taking patches into my own contrib branch, will send out email to oe-core and yocto mailing, asking the community how this process should work, scott is selecting patches for the release currently.
  - When we can have access to a stable release for testing, anyone who are interested can do it now, rebasing may destabilize it for a while though.
* 1.1.2 update - 10 min (Josh)
  - Have a branch, there are 1 issues cannot be reproduced. There's another reported by Mark, not sure if this can be in 1.1.2. We already have all the fixes for this release. Will have the build ready in a week or so.
  - QA testing: QA will need to find time testing this release after the build is ready.
* Yocto 1.3 status  - 10 min (Song/team)
  - 1.3 feature list: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.3_Features
    * For all P1 items, now we have (p1) on the bug white board. We will discuss on how we should use the priority field of the bug.
    * Please schedule all P1 features/tasks for 1.3 milestones (M1-M4)

  - 1.3 schedule: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.3_Schedule
    * We have a lot more items scheduled for M3 and M2 than M1. M4 looks fine.
    * Bigger items (> 5D) should be divided into smaller ones (<=5D), so that we can have better understanding on these items and deliver them more evenly in each milestone. This is especially for P1 items.

  - 1.3 status: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status
    * Please update the status for all bugs that you are currently working on in the 1.3 schedule by every Monday 9:00AM your timezone.

* SWAT team rotation: Darren -> Beth
* Opens - 5 min
  - Saul: Syncing up on master build with Beth and others on IRC/Jabber
  - Mark: Working on update alternative change, the entire system is modified. It's changed to link renaming. Fairly large submit in the next day or so. Fixed a lot of things in RPM case.
  - Richard: travelling last week. There has been changes for autobuolder infrastructure, not stable at the moment. This week will focus on where we are for master and get patched merged and build stabilized. Figure out where we are, what are the issues and then address them.
  - Darren: meta-intel is going to be released a few weeks after YP release. ETA, end of May for QA testing. The last 10% of FRI II turns out to be a lot more. Noor: do we have Crossville BSP? Tom: We can have it for 1.3 if we can find hardware. Song will look into the hardware availability.
  - Michael: moving home directory on autobuilder to shared storage. Sent an mail already and will send update.
  - Beth: autobuilder downtime this Friday. Will sync on IRC.

* Team sharing - 20 min
 - Michael: AB development cluster for Beth is ready.
 - Alex: Romania team is working on updating package.
 - Belen: will there be people working on HOB in the Romania team. Alex: yes. Will sync up with Belen.