[yocto] Raspberry Pi [was Re: Kernel modules fail to compile for ARM]

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue May 15 08:44:12 PDT 2012

On 12-05-15 05:15 AM, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> On 14/05/12 19:52, Chris Tapp wrote:
>> I'm trying to put a BSP together for an ARM system (Raspberry Pi, ARM1176JZF-S CPU).
>
> I got the feeling that there might be multiple OE/RPI efforts going on
> at the same time unaware of each other, e.g., I noticed this
> meta-raspberrypi layer on github that seems to be well on the way,
> https://github.com/djwillis/meta-raspberrypi ... perhaps getting various
> folk interested in this together would be beneficial.

I'll jump in and ask my obvious question, if we want to pull in some
extra BSP/kernel developers, is there a fundamental reason why a
different kernel/kernel version than one of the linux-yocto ones is
being used ?

If you line up with one of those, there's a chance to pickup fixes,
features and have someone like me help maintain things where it
makes sense.

Collecting kernels and BSPs in trees all over the place is one of the
things that I'd like to try and help with going forward in 2012.

Cheers,

Bruce