[yocto] Build error: Could not inherit file classes/systemd.bbclass

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu May 3 08:39:17 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-03 07:21, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Thursday 03 May 2012 14:56:03 Elvis Dowson wrote:
>>       I've setup and configured an Ubuntu-12.04 LTS 64-bit system, and I get
>> a build error when I run the following command:
>>
>> $ bitbake -c fetchall core-image-minimal
>>
>> Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main
>> build WARNING: Host distribution "Ubuntu 12.04 LTS" has not been validated
>> with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience
>> unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
>
> This can be ignored - 12.04 *is* supported; it's just that the final version
> string wasn't what I expected it to be. I'll send a patch for this soon and it
> can hopefully go into 1.2.1.
>
>> ERROR: ParseError at
>> /tool/yocto/meta-ti/recipes-misc/payload/bonescript.bb:5: Could not inherit
>> file classes/systemd.bbclass ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1
>
> systemd.bbclass is part of the meta-oe layer, so you'll need to add that to
> your bblayers.conf.
>
> BTW I'm not sure if the meta-ti maintainers have finished their work to ensure
> meta-ti works with distros other than Angstrom. If they haven't you may
> experience problems.

I saw this checkin yesterday on meta-ti:
   Module: meta-ti
   Branch: refs/tags/v2012.05-yocto1.2
   Tag:    ccae351a692bf6fa17a4a1e35b89ff6efcd35c6c

   Tagger: Denys Dmytriyenko <denys at ti.com>
   Date:   Wed May  2 03:41:43 2012 -0400

   2012.05 release, compatible with Yocto Project 1.2 Denzil

So it looks like it should be close at least :-)  I don't know how the
meta-ti repo on yoctoproject.org tracks the arago-project one...