[yocto] Build error: Could not inherit file classes/systemd.bbclass

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu May 3 06:21:40 PDT 2012

On Thursday 03 May 2012 14:56:03 Elvis Dowson wrote:
>      I've setup and configured an Ubuntu-12.04 LTS 64-bit system, and I get
> a build error when I run the following command:
>
> $ bitbake -c fetchall core-image-minimal
>
> Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main
> build WARNING: Host distribution "Ubuntu 12.04 LTS" has not been validated
> with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience
> unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.

This can be ignored - 12.04 *is* supported; it's just that the final version
string wasn't what I expected it to be. I'll send a patch for this soon and it
can hopefully go into 1.2.1.

> ERROR: ParseError at
> /tool/yocto/meta-ti/recipes-misc/payload/bonescript.bb:5: Could not inherit
> file classes/systemd.bbclass ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

systemd.bbclass is part of the meta-oe layer, so you'll need to add that to
your bblayers.conf.

BTW I'm not sure if the meta-ti maintainers have finished their work to ensure
meta-ti works with distros other than Angstrom. If they haven't you may
experience problems.

Cheers,
Paul

--