[yocto] Is it necessary to specify TARGET_ARM = "arm" ?

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:25:54 PDT 2012

Hi Paul,

On May 3, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:

> On Thursday 03 May 2012 11:49:08 Paul Eggleton wrote:
>> Also, it's worth noting that in current meta-ti master you don't need to
>> require tune-cortexa8.inc either since omap3.inc does this too (unless
>> you're wanting to support use with an older version of the meta-ti layer).
>
> Similarly the following are also taken care of by the current version of
> omap3.inc:
>
>>> SOC_FAMILY = "omap3"
>>> require conf/machine/include/soc-family.inc

Thanks for the reply! I've made the changes as indicated! It's much cleaner now. I really like Yocto, it's so much more organized and easier to manage than OpenEmbedded Classic. Well upto this points its been just setting up my machine configuration.

Now to build something and see how that goes!! :-)

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson