[yocto] bsp experiences

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue May 1 08:33:27 PDT 2012

On 5/1/12 9:21 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> Dear all,

> Also went to conf/machine in my bsp and changed it to use
> tune-ppce300c3 instead of c2, and created this include file by copying
> the c2 file to c3 and renaming all references to c2 by c3 (as these
> were the only changes when comparing the oe classic c2 and c3 tune inc
> files.
>
> While building core-image-minimal, building the kernel failed because
> recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.2.bbappend had some references to
> mpc8315*. Replaced these with mpc8313*. (not fully sure if that is
> fully sound though; anyway I need to hack the kernel part anyway).
> And now, while typing this, things are happily humming along, giving
> me time to type this message.
>
> Next step is probably see if I can run the executables created; if so,
> move on to adding my own image recipe, and see if I can get that
> going.
> After that hack the kernel recipe (so it uses my own defconfig and
> device tree, and add our own drivers).
> I'll write a followup email if there are things that could e.g. be
> avoided by updating the docs.

Once you have verified that the e300c3 binaries are functional, please send a
your updated tune to the oe-core list... or if you prefer send it to me and I
can review it and submit it (with your permission) to the oe-core list.

I'm interested in keeping the tunes updated as much as reasonable for a growing
list of supportable cores.

BTW isn't the e300c3 a hard-float (standard classic PPC floating point?)  If so
be sure to change the TUNE_FEATURES to fpu-hard.

--Mark