[yocto] Yocto Project 1.2.1 release plan.

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Tue May 1 08:32:00 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm going to be the maintainer of the Yocto Project 1.2.1 release, and
wanted to let everyone know some details about the current status of
this release.

Richard has already started pulling in some patches from master into the
denzil-next branch on oe-core:

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/log/?h=denzil-next

I'll be merging these on an ongoing basis into my sgarman/denzil-next
branch in the poky-contrib repo:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=sgarman/denzil-next

The primary focus for getting patches into 1.2.1 is bugfixing, security
updates, and making sure the recently released Ubuntu, Fedora, and
OpenSUSE distros work with this release. All other kinds of patches
(e.g, performance) will have a very high bar to reach for them to be
accepted (i.e, it will have to be very clear they pose little risk to
introducing more bugs or stability issues). And of course anything that
breaks APIs or compatibility is off the table.

It would help me out greatly if in your pull requests you could mention
when you want your commit to also be included in 1.2.1.

Our intention is currently to include bugfixes for these bugs in the
eventual release of 1.2.1:

https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&list_id=4572&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ACCEPTED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=WaitForUpstream&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&target_milestone=1.2.1

This list is not set in stone and may change at any time. My very rough
guesstimate is that we will start testing release candidates for 1.2.1
in about 6-8 weeks.

Thanks, and I look forward to helping to ensure that 1.2.1 is a solid
and well-tested release!

Scott

IRC: zenlinux

--