[yocto] Moving angstrom under the yocto banner

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Fri Mar 30 14:02:17 PDT 2012

Le Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:45:16 -0700,
Tom Rini <tom.rini at gmail.com> a écrit :
> > It's hard to call something Yocto Project based unless it used
> > something from the Yocto Project.  meta-yocto being on of those
> > components.
>
> So bitbake and oe-core don't count because they're external projects?

on the technical point of view
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/
~=
http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/
+
http://cgit.openembedded.org/bitbake/
+
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta-yocto

so I think it's hard to say bitbake & oe-core don't count !

On a non technical point of view, IANAL but "Yocto Project" being a
Linux Fundation trademark, that's not the inclusion of meta-yocto which
says how to use the name but this page :
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/linux-foundation-trademark-usage-guidelines

Eric