[yocto] Moving angstrom under the yocto banner

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Fri Mar 30 13:55:16 PDT 2012

> >> It's hard to call something Yocto Project based unless it used
> >> something from the Yocto Project.  meta-yocto being on of those
> >> components.
> >
> > So bitbake and oe-core don't count because they're external projects?
>
> If oe-core doesn't count, that will go directly against the agreement the
> OE developers made with the yocto ones when deciding to drop OE classic and
> start oe-core.
> If that's really the position of the yocto project I think the OE project
> will need to seriously reconsider the merge and its participation in the
> yocto project.

Mark said above: "It's hard to call something YP based unless it uses
something from the Yocto Project". meta-yocto is one example, but so is
oe-core.

oe-core is shared code between Yocto and OE. Thus, it is reasonable to say
that any distribution that uses oe-core is representative of the Yocto
Project, to some degree. So of course oe-core counts, as does bitbake,
another shared component.

Jeff Osier-Mixon http://jefro.net/blog
Yocto Project Community Manager @Intel http://yoctoproject.org