[yocto] pseudo interaction issue

Peter Seebach peter.seebach at windriver.com
Tue Mar 27 07:26:43 PDT 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 22:45:16 +0100
Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> I'm still a little surprised we don't make any system() calls though.
> I just tried putting a os.system("true") call into the "breakit"
> class and it doesn't trigger the warnings. Could that be down to the
> lack of a popen wrapper?

Conclusion:  Yes, it could.  Once I understood why the popen wrapper
wasn't working, it got better; using the popen wrapper fixes things for
the breakit class, and probably for hob also.

However, the popen() wrapper is not really restoring the environment
after it runs.  (In fact, I just looked at system(), and it does a
setupenv() but not a dropenv(), so it will, I think, be running
anything it runs with pseudo loaded but disabled, I think.)

I still think it might be wiser for us to move PSEUDO_PREFIX into the
list of things that are always set.  I'm not sure; if we don't, we have
a good chance of finding weird problems faster, I guess!

-s
--
Listen, get this.  Nobody with a good compiler needs to be justified.