[yocto] pseudo interaction issue

Peter Seebach peter.seebach at windriver.com
Mon Mar 26 00:43:25 PDT 2012

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 17:15:15 +0000
Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> This implies that once we enable pseudo for a child, there is some
> change in the parent which persists.

Hmm.

Is the parent running with pseudo loaded?  If it were, then I would
expect this -- pseudo does some environment magic that can affect the
parent, and also cause it to stash values for later restoration.

Otherwise, I'm less sure, because the parent process should be able to
mess with its environment all it wants.  Pseudo has some hackery for
restoring missing values, to let things like "env -i ..." work.

-s
--
Listen, get this.  Nobody with a good compiler needs to be justified.