[yocto] pseudo interaction issue

Peter Seebach peter.seebach at windriver.com
Thu Mar 22 19:29:37 PDT 2012

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:01:16 +0800
"Xu, Dongxiao" <dongxiao.xu at intel.com> wrote:

> I think the difference between Hob and other UI (e.x., knotty) is
> that, when building image is finished in knotty, the UI, bitbake
> server, and pseudo all quit. But in Hob, everything still alive after
> a build. I noticed that the pseudo error happens only when Hob is
> trying to issue a second build.

I get it on the first build.

... You see the issue.

Pseudo shouldn't be having a problem, it's designed to restart as
needed.

Right now, what I know is:
1.  I didn't catch popen(), and this can actually be an issue with
stuff like PSEUDO_UNLOAD or PSEUDO_DISABLED in play.
2.  If I wrap popen, and have the wrapper unconditionally emit a
diagnostic, that works for simple os.popen() test cases.
3.  But not for the case that's triggering this.

So it looks like, when this runs, we have a Python session which has
had pseudo unloaded, not just disabled, which then sets LD_PRELOAD but
doesn't set PSEUDO_PREFIX.  Or something.

I'm still trying to get better data on this, like figure out how the
sub-process is even getting invoked.

-s
--
Listen, get this.  Nobody with a good compiler needs to be justified.