[yocto] Yocto weekly bug trend charts -- WW11

Xu, Jiajun jiajun.xu at intel.com
Mon Mar 19 08:32:31 PDT 2012

> Hi Jiajun,
>
> On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 08:49 +0000, Xu, Jiajun wrote:
>> 	The overall open bug trend increased a lot in last week. The new
>> submitted vs. fixed bug number is 64 vs. 52. Some fixed bugs are
>> enhancement bug, which are not calculated into WDD data. WDD number
>> and Open Bug number are 938 and 188. Bug status of WW11 could be
>> found on https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Bug_Trend.
>
> I agree that there were 64 vs 52 bugs last week which is a change of 12 bugs.
> The top two charts show increases of 50 and 30 bugs though so the
> numbers don't seem to add up for me :/. I appreciate the bugzilla
> update upset the accounting but it looks like some of the historical
> data is inaccurate somewhere :(

Good catch. :)
For the first picture, it is the trend of open bugs by importance(High/Medium/Low/Undecided) with all bugs included. For the second picture, it is the trend of open bugs by severity(minor/normal/major/critical) without enhancement bugs. The first picture is to give us a whole picture of all open bugs. The second one is to give us a true picture of the real bugs - without bugs created for feature enabling.
BTW, when I check the open bug data, I find that a new variable is introduced with new bugzilla for field "severity" - janitors. We do not include the bugs marked as janitors in "Yocto Weekly Open bug Trend(Severity)". My thinking is that janitors is similar with enhancement. We could treat it as enhancement(with weight value "0"), or if we think it should be included into WDD, we could set a weight value for it. How do you think of it?
Fortunately, we only have 4 bugs marked as janitors, and they are all new reported last week. We could simply update the bug trend once we make the decision.

> Cheers,
>
> Richard

Best Regards,
Jiajun