[yocto] is yocto based on oe-core *as-is*?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Sun Mar 11 05:33:09 PDT 2012

On Saturday 10 March 2012 04:40:15 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   while i'm working my thru the docs, i want to verify that yocto is
> built on top of oe-core straight from the oe-core repo, is that
> correct?  as in, yocto doesn't make any yocto-specific mods to the
> fundamental, lower-level OE core layers, does it?  it simply adds
> layers on top, right?

This is correct, and you can verify it by doing a diff of the OE-Core meta/
subdirectory against Poky's meta/ - the only difference is that Poky does not
include the sample configs (it provides its own in meta-yocto).

It's also worth noting that Poky uses its own distro (policy) configuration via
meta-yocto, although this builds upon the default policy in OE-Core.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton