[yocto] Documentation: Default FILESDIR

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Mon Mar 5 03:19:31 PST 2012

Hello Darren,

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 11:17 -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
> FILESPATH: The ":" delimited set of paths that bitbake will search for
> files referenced in the SRC_URI. Defaults to ".:files:${PN}".
>
> FILESEXTRAPATHS: Appends a ":" delimited set of paths to FILESPATH.
> This
> is intended for use in .bbappend files to include any additional files
> provided in that layer. This is typically done as:
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
>
> As an aside, it might be nice to make this 'FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend :=
> "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"' the default for bbappend files. Although I
> imagine
> there are good reasons for why it is the way it is.

Thanks for the documentation. In this regard I would like to clarify a
small doubt. When I bbappend the xserver-xf86-config_0.1 recipe in order
to override the default xorg.conf, FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend doesn't seem
to have an effect. As I am not adding an extra file but trying to
replace the default file of the recipe, should I manipulate the
FILESPATH variable?

I am asking this because Paul mentioned that we should not modify the
FILESPATH directly.

Please guide me.

Regards
Joshua