[yocto] Documentation: Default FILESDIR

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 1 07:47:32 PST 2012

On Thursday 01 March 2012 15:36:27 Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> Please look at
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.htm
> l#platdev-appdev-insitu in the YP Reference manual.  This is the section you
> refer to in this mail.  The link in this latest version correctly goes to
> the referenced Quilt section, which has significantly changed.  The little
> paragraph you quote below is now basically part of the 9-step Quilt process
> in the YP Dev manual
> (http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#using-a
> -quilt-workflow).
>
> Can you look at these two sections now and then provide me with FILESPATH
> information so I can create a glossary entry for the item and possibly work
> the use of FILESPATH into the updated Quilt section?

I think additional file paths are outside the scope of the Quilt section
itself, but it could easily link to a separate section that does discuss it.

It's worth noting though that we tend not to modify FILESPATH directly
anymore; instead we use FILESEXTRAPATHS. I believe there are examples of using
this in the BSP guide, although we do still need to have this documented in
the reference manual.

Cheers,
Paul

--