[yocto] Fwd: Re: Web Hob design update

Jim Kosem jim at halfman.com
Mon Jun 25 04:47:20 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Kosem <jim at halfman.com>
Date: 25 June 2012 12:14
Subject: Re: Re: [yocto] Web Hob design update
To: jack at embed.me.uk
Cc: Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at intel.com>, Belen Barros Pena <
belen.barros.pena at intel.com>

Hi,

Paul forwarded me your questions about the WebHob design and just wanted to
get back to you.

I'm not sure if there will be an included web server with WebHob. These
issues and others are being sorted out in the development team who will be
doing the rollout of WebHob. Right now, we're concentrating on design and
usability and including the methods, features and requirements to design a
WebHob that would work for teams who would use WebHob to create builds with
Yocto.

We're using Twitter Bootstrap to make the front end development easier and
quicker for the prototype. We could imagine carrying a lot of it forward to
the actual production WebHob, but a lot of this front end development is
yet to happen. Right now we're concentrating on making a clickable HTML5
prototype. This includes quite a bit of JQuery as well.

There are many cases like what happens when two people edit at the same
time that we have to sort out actually.I imagine there would have to be
some sort of locked state perhaps or state where the config is yours
personally until you're done and then is committed to the history.

--
Jim Kosem

Skype: jkosem
Gtalk: jim at halfman.com
Mobile: +44 7757 559081

Note: I read and reply to email only a couple of times a day. If you need
something quicker, please use Skype, GTalk or if its urgent call my mobile.