[yocto] prerequisite tools for making documentation

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jun 25 02:40:59 PDT 2012

On Sunday 24 June 2012 12:06:14 jfabernathy wrote:
> I had a need to look at the bitbake manual in the
> poky/bitbake/doc/manual directory and tried to make pdf.  I had all the
> prerequisites listed in the QS guide.  However, I found the make failed
> due to a number of xml related tools being missing.  I installed those
> and got the pdf manual generated.
>
> Should we add those xml tools to the prerequisites?  BTW, I'm using
> denzil branch and referring to the QS guide 1.2.

IMO, we should be separating out the prerequisites for building the
documentation into a separate list, since most people don't need to build the
documentation. That said, it would be nice if our documentation pre-requisites
list was actually complete, so if the list is split I'm all for it :)

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton