[yocto] 答复: Web HOB planning discussion

Lv, XiaotongX xiaotongx.lv at intel.com
Wed Jun 20 22:19:11 PDT 2012

About Jim’s video requirement.  and many users to many bitbake servers mapping. maybe there are some problems maybe to solve.

Some my questions:
1. running builds remaining time. difficult to estimate.
  when a user check all the builds status, whether they are done or not.
  the remaining time, it is difficult to estimate. cause in bitbake server. I donot accurately
  to know current build when it starts, how long it will finish for this build.
  so to give an accurate remaining time for user. it is difficult.
2. Add users own layers. how to implement?
  one user wanna to add own layers. so he uploads own layer by browser to put in web server firstly.
  then we need let web server do one thing. to copy the layer to bitbake server.
  so my problem.
  1).if user upload a unavailable compression layer folder. how to check the folder whether it is
    a real layer or not. If it is hack shells or hack software. How to deal with it?
  2).if user next operation is time out during building, for example, after building package,
    User donot select package to build image for long time, so system will trigger a time out event to stop and cancel this build .
    next time, we need to assign a new bitbake for this user.
    in fact. user only wanna to continue his operation based on last time build. Donot need a new bitbake sever to repeat build.
    And now all of user build, we only use one build directory. So it is difficult to remain last different users build status.

3.after build completed in browser. it is difficult to test and deploy image directly. how to solve these problems?
we only can download and upload files in browser. We cannot write or read a local machine files and do some operation in browser.
So to test and deploy images by browser. It is difficult. So maybe we need to develop a single client to solve this problem.
But we know. If develop a client. Whether we satisfy different OS. For example, window xp, window 7, linux different version, mac os.