[yocto] RaspberryPi Kernel - Fails to boot when sound driver is a built-in

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Mon Jun 18 14:16:44 PDT 2012

If I build the RPi kernel (SRCREV 3fc65f9f291fb19cad434968a4a0f66ab749e637) then the board boots as expected.

However, if a modify the .config (either manually after -c configure, or by -c menuconfig) so that CONFIG_SND, CONFIG_SND_TIMER, CONFIG_SND_PCM and CONFIG_BCM2835 are set to 'y' (i.e. changed from modules) then the kernel no longer boots.

Has anyone else tried to do this? I'm trying to get a kernel that has ALSA working out-of-the-box.

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com