[yocto] RaspberryPi Kernel - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jun 12 04:26:52 PDT 2012

On Tuesday 12 June 2012 08:23:54 Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> Over years of working with Poky I have developed this sort of a normal
> work flow:
>
>   bitbake -c devshell <package>
>   < do some tweaking >
>   bitbake -c compile -f <package>
>   bitbake <package>          <---- this pulls package from sstate!!!
>   scp ...
>   < test, repeat>
>
> This no longer works, even after a forced recompile, Poky just pulls a
> package out of sstate. It seems the only reliable way to force a package
> rebuild is either to cleansstate or bump the PR, neither of which is
> viable an option in the above scenario. What am I missing? Is this
> really intended?

I was surprised because this was not behaviour I would expect either, however
that is indeed what it does here when I try that sequence. I'm not sure why it
is behaving this way but I think it is a bug.

FWIW, we will be looking at fixing this exact workflow pretty soon although it
may involve an extra explicit step to invalidate the stamps.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton