[yocto] RaspberryPi Kernel - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Mon Jun 11 00:29:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 10/06/12 12:30, Chris Tapp wrote:
> I've been building the 3.1.9 Raspberry Pi kernel under Denzil using
> the meta layer at https://github.com/djwillis/meta-raspberrypi. This
> uses a kernel recipe based on the git repository at
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commits/rpi-patches.
>
> Some of the kernel commit IDs (e.g.
> 94fbbc4e3988075abad0d3b32842b82c590324fc) seem to build ok, but they
> don't always run. As in, if I -c clean and build then sometimes I end
> up with a bootable image, sometimes I don't. I'm not changing
> anything else in the build environment.
>
> Any ideas what can cause this?

I find that -c clean does not work very well, afterward the package gets
recompiled but instead of the actual package packages being rebuilt, an
earlier version of the packages gets pulled out of sstate into the
image. I definitely saw this behaviour with Yocto kernels, but I think
happens with other packages as well; I always do -c cleansstate now to
avoid this.

Tomas