[yocto] RaspberryPi Kernel - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Sun Jun 10 04:30:47 PDT 2012

I've been building the 3.1.9 Raspberry Pi kernel under Denzil using the meta layer at https://github.com/djwillis/meta-raspberrypi. This uses a kernel recipe based on the git repository at https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commits/rpi-patches.

Some of the kernel commit IDs (e.g. 94fbbc4e3988075abad0d3b32842b82c590324fc) seem to build ok, but they don't always run. As in, if I -c clean and build then sometimes I end up with a bootable image, sometimes I don't. I'm not changing anything else in the build environment.

Any ideas what can cause this?

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com