[yocto] Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building srpm?

Jegan Chandru pcjegan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:53:44 PDT 2012

Hi,

Framework - poky-denzil-7.0
arch - x86_64

Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building
srpm? I have checked the srpms created and found gcc srpms has only the
logs_with_scripts tar file and not the patched source. I have configured
"archive-patched-source" in local.conf. Upon checking on archiver.bbclass,
noticed "not_tarball" function is excluding work-shared dir.This dir is
used by gcc only for building. I can see the obvious reason here
that(correct me if I am wrong) since this source has been used by,
say gcc-cross-intermediate, gcc-cross-4.6.3 and gcc-runtime-4.6.3 bb files
and you dont want to archive that source. But anyone can tell me the exact
reason on why work-shared is being omitted for archiving? Also, I must
include that, there are total 40 patches for gcc and all patches getting
applied in gcc-4.6.inc. So I think there is no harm in archiving that
source.

As a try and error, I have created a dummy function for not_tarball and
tried to build, but that didnt work! ;(

So please anyone shed some light on this matter. It is much appreciated.
I need srpm with source for stabilizing and do some testing.

Also there is a high chance that I missed something, so feel free to
correct me. ;)

Thanks,
-JC