[yocto] Debug with gdbserver

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 31 19:46:32 PDT 2012

I am trying to debug a userpsace application that misbehaves under
poky-tiny. My current approach is use gdbserver on the target and attach
to the offending process, then connect to it on the client using the
yocto-built native gdb for the target.

I can easily add gdbserver to the target image, and can successfully
connect it to the process:

# From the target (qemux86) root shell:
# dropbearkey -t rsa -f ./rsa
# dropbear -r ./rsa
# DBPID=$(ps | grep dropbear | head -n1 | cut -f4 -d ' ')
# gdbserver 127.0.0.1:1234 --attach $DBPID

Now on the host machine (amd64) I want to:
$ gdb????
(gdb) target extended-remote 127.0.0.1:1234

Which package do I need to build to get the appropriate gdb for the host
to remote debug processes on the target?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center