[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Jul 31 16:16:30 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Dave, LaurentiuP, LaurentiuS, Alex, Mark, Nitin, Beth, Paul, MichaelH, Kevin, Tom, Jessica, Richard, Darren, Bruce, Jefro, Ross, JeffP, ChrisL, Bjorn, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.3 status  - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status
  - Reminder to the team: feature freeze for M3 is coming up this Sunday night (US time). Please get your features in asap and allow some patch review and rework time.
  - Bug trend is still going up. We got more open medium+ bugs. Please focus more on bug fixing.
  - P1+high item review:
    . 2038/BogdanM: at risk, maybe delayed to M4
    . 1649/Bruce: on track.
    . 2396/Bruce: LTSI integration. The LTSI release may not be out until the end of this year. We are forming up a plan now. Expect to announce in the upcoming LinuxCon on our plan.
    . 2165/Cristian: working on it, on track.
    . 1621/LaurentiuP: working on this. Will try to get it in for M3.
    . 1991/anliming: 80% done. Song is following up with Shane/Liming on this.
    . 2614/Paul: on track.
    . 1179/Richard: On track. Will pull patches together this week.
    . 1369/BogdanM: at risk, may need to move to M4.
    . 61/LaurentiuP: at risk, may need to move to M4.
    . 2010/MichaelH: at risk. Need another 2 weeks after the 2 new AB machines online. Need to move to M4.
    . 2420/Paul: Original problems have been fixed. Will close this bug and open new ones to track progress on other related issues. New ones won't be high.
    . 2775/PaulG,Darren: MPC BSP has been fixed. Waiting for a patch merge in kernel. Will close this one if the patch merges. If not, then close this one and open new bugs to track remaining issues.
    . 2319/RossB: will look at it tomorrow. Song will follow up.
    . 2162/Valentin: at risk, may be moved to M4.
  - RP/Master status: a number of changes coming in. various people on vacation, limited resource. Master is not stable, it's being worked on, will stabilize as soon as we can. May slow down the rate of changes going in. Complicated by the 2 new autobuilder machines, related to sstate changes.

* SWAT team rotation: Nitin -> Beth

* Opens - 10 min
  Nitin: SWAT team rotation. Covered.
* Team sharing - 20 min

  - Mark: refactoring image creation deployment mechanism. Will send email today on the solution. Appreciate if people can comment. Sent to Richard and Darren first. RP: it seems like a rewrite. Mark: The intent is not to rewrite. We want to change something, would like to do it step by step. It does not have to be done in 1.3. Darren: we do have a bug open for image creation. Dave: We have done related work (PaulE). Mark: what we have for 1.3 is good enough, this is the next step. RP: try to improve the code legibility, etc.

  - Paul: some changes on rootfs, all of them in master. There were a couple of issues, they are merged now as well. Things are looking reasonably good there. Looking at some QT bugs now. Work in conjunction with recipe work. A bunch of cleanup work, created a simple wiki page. Next week continue on bugs.

  - Michael: working on problems of down network interfaces under heavy load. They are working now. Will be watching closely. Centralized logging setup now. Central logging server is working. Wiki, networking change is coming up. LF moving YP to a quieter subnet. This week renumbering internal addresses, should not notice any downtime. Bug stats, not matching in the wiki, working with LaurentiuP, Converting into charts.

RP: ssates changes: if we use different OS such as ubuntu and fedora, sstate checksum could have problems due to different libs, etc., we fixed this issue. Migration of existing structures may not be that important at this point. It will just use the new structure.

Laurentiu: relocatable SDK, 2383