[yocto] ERROR: Task 7 (/tool/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/meta/meta-toolchain.bb, do_populate_sdk) failed with exit code '1'

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 30 10:18:52 PDT 2012

On Monday 30 July 2012 21:08:54 Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Jul 30, 2012, at 8:58 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > This is my fault - I'll put together a patch right now. As a workaround
> > you
> > can "bitbake rpmresolve-native" first and you won't get the error anymore.
>
> Thanks for the workaround! It worked.
>
> It would be good if all changes to the master were run through an automated
> build test on an internal git repository, prior to being pushed out to the
> public git repository. This way, you would be able to ensure that breaks in
> the build do not get propagated to all users.

FYI, we do do this already for most significant changes, and it was done for
this one. The trouble with this specific issue is, if you happened to build a
normal image prior to building meta-toolchain or indeed any other user of
do_populate_sdk, the error will not occur because rpmresolve-native would
already have been built; hence why this was missed.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton