[yocto] ERROR: Task 7 (/tool/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/meta/meta-toolchain.bb, do_populate_sdk) failed with exit code '1'

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:08:54 PDT 2012

Hi Paul,

On Jul 30, 2012, at 8:58 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:

> This is my fault - I'll put together a patch right now. As a workaround you
> can "bitbake rpmresolve-native" first and you won't get the error anymore.

Thanks for the workaround! It worked.

It would be good if all changes to the master were run through an automated build test on an internal git repository, prior to being pushed out to the public git repository. This way, you would be able to ensure that breaks in the build do not get propagated to all users.

FYI, I refresh my yocto repos every two weeks and always perform a clean build, after deleting my tmp and sstate-cache folders.

It take around 2 hours to build meta-toolchain, and another hour to build core-image-minimal, on my machine configuration, which is a MacBook Pro 15", 8GB RAM, 2.3GHz Core i7, running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit using VMware Fusion 5.0.0 with 8 CPU core configured, and 4GB RAM allocated to the VM.

I usually have the following layers setup for each build

BBLAYERS ?= " \
  /tool/yocto/poky/meta \
  /tool/yocto/poky/meta-yocto \
  /tool/yocto/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \