[yocto] nothing building under denzil-7.0.1

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 05:18:28 PDT 2012

On 07/21/2012 07:47 PM, Tom Zanussi wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-07-21 at 09:58 -0400, Jim Abernathy wrote:

>>> Also did a fresh clone of meta-intel, checked out meta-intel/denzil and
>>> successfully built n450 with the denzil-7.0.1 tarball here with no
>>> problems.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>
>> I can confirm I had no issues doing just what you did. tarball for
>> denzil-7.0.1 and denzil clone for meta-intel and default core-image-sato
>> for n450.
>>
>> Next, I cloned poky and checked out the tag denzil-7.0.1, which in
>> theory should match the tarball I ran with in the above test. I cloned
>> meta-intel and checked out the branch denzil, just as above.
>>
>> So this good news is that worked as expected. The denzil-7.0.1 tag
>> equals the tarball.
>>
>> So the only problem is the denzil branch of poky has some problem that's
>> seen in denzil-7.0.1 as it relates to n450.
>>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this - I just did a build of poky/denzil
> with meta-intel/denzil and again, didn't see any problems with that
> permutation either.
>
> Tom

What I meant by my statement was I could only build n450 while I use the
tarball of  poky denzil-7.0.1 with the denzil tracking branch of
meta-intel, or the equivalent git repository "tag" of poky
denzil-7.0.1.  I couldn't build the n450 from the tracking branch of
poky denzil and the tracking branch of meta-intel denzil.  To me that
just meant that something changed in denzil since the tag denzil 7.0.1
was established.  I retest again and can confirm that my retest was
successful.  Here are the steps I used for both test. Not sure what
changed, but at least it works now:

git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky
cd poky
git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-intel.git
git checkout -b denzil origin/denzil
cd meta-intel
git checkout -b denzil origin/denzil
cd ..
. oe-init-build-env /build/n450-new
(edit local.conf for parallel options, machine= n450, and DL_DIR)
(edit bblayer.conf for meta-intel and meta-intel/meta-n450 layer)
bitbake core-image-sato

Jim A